PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION – INFORMATION MAY NOT BE ACCURATE
Registration form coming soon
Company Challenge flyer coming soon
This program is intended for local business or organization interested in forming a crew to learn to paddle a Dragon Boat and reinforcing team spirit. It is also a great workout exercise that is sure to lower your stress at work.
What can Dragon boating do for your company?
Dragon boating is a fun team-building activity. Participating in a dragon boat event can benefit your employees, and co-workers. Here are some examples:
- Dragon boating creates an inclusive environment – people of all ages and fitness levels can participate.
- The nature of the sport emphasizes unity and working together.
- Driving toward the finish line renews energy, enthusiasm and motivation.
- Paddlers communicate by cheering each other on.
- The sport encourages leaders to move to the fore-front.
- Completing a race or training session develops a sense of pride and accomplishment among participants.
- Twenty paddlers in one boat = increased camaraderie.
- If you do not have enough co-workers consider bringing spouses/family members on board, or combine your numbers with another company!
- Form a team of 20 (must have 14+ per practice session).
- Maximum of 12 men on a team for competing in Kamloops Dragon Boat Festival Company Challenge Division on Aug. 6, 2016.
- No previous Dragon Boat experience is needed.
- Participants must be 18 +.
- All equipment (boat, paddle, life jacket) is provided. All you need is a Team Captain to coordinate a group of 20 paddlers.
- This package includes two training sessions plus entry into the Kamloops Dragon Boat Festival. Each team is guaranteed 3 races in their own division at the Kamloops Festival on Aug. 6th, 2016.
- The 2 training sessions can be booked Monday through Friday evenings and some weekends. There is room for some flexibility, our schedulers will assist you and secure your times once you have registered.
- Available training session for this program will be scheduled between July 4th and August 5th, 2016. The time for your team races will be determined by the Kamloops Dragon Boat Festival and made available prior to the festival on Aug. 6th.
- Each session will be 1.5 to 2 hours in length.
- 2 sessions + 3 festival races: $600 ($30 per person for a boat of 20) *Additional sessions and pricing available upon request.
- The fee covers the festival entry (usually 600 per team), coaching, insurance,& boat maintenance. Our club is a non-profit group, we are not seeking revenue from this program but endeavor to cover costs and promote the world of dragon boating within our community!