First Practice: Monday, April 6th
Last Practice: September 29th
Regular weekly practice schedule:
Monday 5:15 PM
Wednesday 5:15 PM
Saturday 9:15 AM warm-up moving to 8:30am after the May long weekend
Drop in welcome at any of the scheduled times, fee $10 (max 3 drop-ins)
Note: there are no practices on the Saturdays of long weekends
Learn to Dragonboat click here
Company Challenge click here
– Salmon Arm June 20th
– Kamloops August 8th
– Osoyoos September 19th
Spring & Fall Paddling:
It is important to dress properly for any sports activity you participate in so that you feel comfortable and have a great experience. Paddling on the Thompson Rivers March-May and Sept. can be a chilly event some days so consider the following before you come out to practice.
- Dress in layers. This way if you get hot you can take a layer off. If you get cold you can put a layer back on. Wicking materials are a great choice for water sports as they will wick away moisture from your body and dry quickly unlike cotton.
- With any watersport, it is a good idea to wear a waterproof and\or windproof layer to help prevent getting cold and wet.
- Wear footwear that can get wet. Your feet will get wet each practice when loading and unloading the boats at the launch. Waterproof socks are a great asset in springtime to keep feet warm. An old pair of runners and socks can work well too but be ready to get them wet.
- Paddling in the spring and fall can be cold on your hands. Waterproof gloves are an option to keep hands a bit warmer.
- Drinking plenty of water is always important when you are active. Even if it is cold out your body requires hydration. Bring a water bottle to every practice.
- Have a snack before you exercise so you have the energy for your workout.
- Sunscreen, wicking clothing, sunglasses, sandals, a hat, and water are all necessities on the river during the hot summer months.
- Drink lots of water before, during and after practice to ensure you are properly hydrated. Bring water to every practice.
- Have a snack before you exercise to ensure you have the energy to get the job done.
Cancellation of Practices:
Please check this website or Facebook for any changes to our practices due to weather and water conditions. Long weekends and festivals may see the cancellation of scheduled practices. Please check the website or KDBC content boards at the club compound for related information.